Saturday, August 22, 2009

Competition Awaits!

Hey everyone!

I'm very excited about the upcoming week. After a long Courthouse run on Monday, we'll take it easy on Tuesday and prepare for our first meet of the year. I can't wait to see how everyone does.

Here are a few announcements...

Runners and Parents Meeting - Tuesday August 25th after practice (5pm) in my trailer. We will be discussing a few things including a fundraiser idea I am very excited about.

Uniforms - Everyone will have a uniform by Tuesday afternoon. Seniors and returning runners get first pick. Keep in mind, the fastest runners get to wear the Varsity uniform to meets regardless of age. This should push you to work harder at practice.

T-shirts - I got an email saying they were shipped on Friday so they'll be here soon. Please get me your t-shirt money ASAP so that we can all wear our shirts together.

Meet #1 - We'll be leaving after school on Wednesday to head to Athens Academy for our first meet. This meet is unique in that it is only a 3K (1.8 miles). The official start time is at 5pm.

Meet #2 - We'll be leaving school very early Saturday morning to head to Athens Christian for our first big 5K meet of the year, the Northeast Georgia Championships. More details to come!

Also, I've been updating our website section on the high school website. There's a link to this site there. Please check in often to read up on what's going on.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys...

    Unfortunately, I have to work on Wednesday... but I might be able to support you guys at Athens Christian.

    :)

    ReplyDelete